Best Free WordPress Themes WooCommerce Compatible
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin that builds simple and complex e-commerce stores. Thus, it saves businesses tons of time and money. Moreover, various plugins complement it in a way that makes it a solid framework.
There are tons of free WordPress themes that are WooCommerce compatible. We chose the best, in our opinion and based on the following points;
- Updates – you need a theme with regular updates. Such updates can solve bugs if present on earlier versions. You do not want to download one developed two years ago with few or no updates for obvious reasons.
- Responsivity – how responsive is the theme? Does everything fit on my mobile, especially section elements? Did the theme developer need to squeeze two columns instead of one when working on the shop page? In brief, ask yourself personal questions about how satisfying the responsive design is.
- Customizations – I understand it is a free theme, but that should not be an excuse for missing basic customization options. For instance, is a developer needed to add hooks for functions that should be available in the theme, albeit it is free? Therefore, these are the questions you should ask yourself.
- Community/Support – it matters where you download the theme. Examples of popular builders include Astra, WP Ocean, Divi, etcetera. Accordingly, due to their popularity, they have huge communities that can come in handy whenever errors pop up in the theme. However, this is not necessarily important when a developer has solid support. Consider something along these lines when choosing your next free WooCommerce theme and make a compromise accordingly.
- Speed optimization – get themes without bloated code. Equally important are those with high scores when tested on PageSpeed Insights. Nevertheless, if the score is low, like most of them will, get in touch with us for speed optimization. Keep in mind most themes from WordPress.org have well-written code.
With all these factors in mind, this list tries to present you with the best;
This free theme by ThemeHunk has a solid UI. Additionally, it is fast and responsive with extensive WooCommerce integration. The layout is professional, especially for an e-commerce website. Above all, the author keeps it up to date. As a result, deploying this theme should be a win for you.
Another one by ThemeHunk. The UI is solid and thus, without a doubt, very ideal for an exclusive store. We particularly like the use of the wishlist plugin. Together with Open Shop, these themes have scored highly.
SpaciousStore is a clean, flexible, and robust theme with a beautiful homepage design. Additionally, it has a classy product tab that makes your UI great meanwhile improving user experience. Besides, the theme author strived for code perfection. That is why the loading time is short. It scores not lower than a B when tested on Google.
Why Botiga? First, it is simple and looks very neat on all devices. Second, the layout is ok, and it has three gallery styles. Third, it possesses various cart and checkout styles. Finally, it is Gutenberg-compatible with eight different header layouts and various blog layouts. Therefore you need to consider Botiga for your next e-commerce project.
Own Shop is a marvellous free WooCommerce theme with a beautiful UI giving your store that premium look. It runs on Gutenberg and is lightweight and fast. Additionally, a dark and light theme makes this a must-have. Although I find the typography a little off, you could easily customize it with different Google or custom fonts.
Astra is fast-lightweight & customizable. It comes with schema.org code and is Native AMP ready. Search engines will like this theme and can hence ease your SEO efforts. Additionally, Google fonts are self-hosted, thus, reducing the time fetching them from external servers. A colour palette can aid in design colour customization.
Powered by elementor page builder, this theme has it all. A clean design perfect for e-commerce stores with other regular pages. The backend has a one-demo content importer should you need to set up your store with demo content. For more features, users can upgrade to the premium version.
So far, what I like about these free themes is the fact that they’re not bloated with unnecessary files. Woostify is very lightweight and intuitive. Built with elementor page builder, customizing the layouts should be a walk in the park.
A beautiful theme again, with a sidebar category navigation.
This one from GeneratePress is compatible with Gutenberg, Elementor and Beaver Builder. The coding standards are very high and should perform well during SEO configuration and speed optimization.
That’s the batch. The customization options on these items will make you think they are premium, especially Open Shop, Grocery, and Cosmetics. The design and layout are also professional.
On the other hand, if you need a theme that can enable you to build websites with a shop as one of the inner pages, use ZakaShop.
We hope this list of the ten Best Free WordPress Themes WooCommerce Compatible will help you make accurate decisions. Cheers!
Preston Akidiva is an experienced WordPress expert. He builds custom themes from scratch or from boiler templates, customizes premium themes, develops full websites from PSDs or Figmas.
At his free time he loves writing technical blogs about WordPress and has contributed to major blogging platforms.
Do you want to work with him on your next project or need help speeding your website or fixing that troubling issue? Get in touch and he’s sure to respond to you asap.